Thursday, May 31, 2012

Perfectly Perfect Pecan Pancakes

A few weeks ago my husband and I took a locals advice on where to eat breakfast in a local college town.  This place is an original and had some of the best breakfast food we've eaten.  We both agreed anytime we are close, that is going to be the place we stop and eat.

I decided to take the waitresses advice as she said the pancakes were delicious and HUGE! I chose one blueberry and one pecan pancake.  I think I may have gotten something else too but that would make me seem like an over eater that can't control herself when it comes to carbs and stuffs her mouth when given the opportunity (um yeah, that about describes me).  Well, the one thing I actually finished was the pecan pancake.  Oh my love for food...it was delicious!

I have been wanting to experiment with making my own version but I didn't want it to be too complicated and I wanted it to be as quick as the Bisquick pancakes I usually make.  So, I searched recipes, figured out what would taste good together and gave it a go.  I believe my version is pretty good.  I don't know if I can master that perfect pancake I had a few weeks ago, but I've managed to make something that I crave the day after I made them.  That's a pretty good sign!   Plus it was my first attempt.  It can only get more delicious from here, right?

Perfect Pecan Pancakes

2 cups Bisquick
1 cup milk
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. brown sugar (heaping)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans (I didn't measure, just poured, but it was close)

Stir all ingredients except pecans until blended.  Pour in the pecans and mix into batter.
Pour onto warm greased pan or griddle.
Cook until edges are dry and the tops bubble.  Flip and cook until golden.
Makes about 14 small pancakes.




 
blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.