Thursday, May 3, 2012

Just My o"PIN"ion on Copycat Sonic Cherry Limeades

 
It's basically summertime in my neck of the woods...91 glorious degrees outside today! I was wondering what to post this week and as I was driving by Sonic today and the line was seriously out of the driveway onto the street (someone please tell me why you would really wait that long), I remembered that I had pinned this recipe for a Sonic Cherry Limeade.

I do love a good Sonic Cherry or Strawberry Limeade.  However, Sonic is a little out of the way for me to hop on over during Happy Hour, so I was hoping this recipe would be the answer to my prayers!  My prayer went something like this:

"Dear Lord, 
How are you today?  It is hot here.  There are no Sonic's for miles and there are times that when my children are climbing up the tv stand for the 50th time, the baby has taken all his pajamas out of his dresser and the middle little is putting toothpaste in his hair that I could really just use a Cherry Limeade.  I'm sure you understand as you made these children of mine and I know you are chuckling to yourself as you watch their mother scrape peanut butter out of the DVD player.  So, please make this recipe taste as good as a margarita, which is what I really want but I'm a lush and if I drink one of those I won't be able to drive to pick up the biggest kid from school!  (Hence why I love Summer Break!)
Amen"

The Supplies:

1 can Sprite or Sprite Zero if you are watching the waistline
1/4 cup Cherry Juice (I used Juicy Juice but I would also like to try an Organic Juice next time)
3 Lime Wedges
1 16 oz. cup filled 3/4 full with Ice

The Directions:

Fill your cup with ice.  Make sure it is about a 16 oz. cup or it will get too full.  Then add the Sprite, juice and the juice of the limes.  Add lime wedges or cherries for garnish if you like.  Stir and enjoy!

The Verdict:
Was it as good as a margarita, no.  Was it as good as Sonic, no.  Did it taste kinda like a Diet Cherry Limeade from Sonic, kinda!  That is close enough for me!  It was good but I don't know if I would say it's the Copycat Recipe.  I am going to try it with an organic juice next time and I think that may help with the cherry taste.  My oldest liked it and the baby seemed to too.  Make sure you tell me what you think if you make one!  Would love to hear if there's any difference when you use different pops and juices!

Here are some pics from the experience:

The Ingredients

 Does My Face Say It All?




 
blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.