Thursday, July 19, 2012

Just My o"PIN"ion on Muffins and Dogs


Weird opinion header, huh? I really didn't want it to be too long. Just My o"PIN"ion on Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins and Chili Dog Casserole just didn't seem condensed enough. So, muffins and dogs about covers it. You could say that I like to eat. It's a pretty good indication when I did a recipe last week and have now done two for this week's post!

So, I do have good reason to make the muffins. A young man that is originally from our hometown, has qualified for the 2012 US Paralympics Team in London. He was involved in a car crash at a very young age in my hometown that tragically took the life of his father and left him paralyzed.  We are having a bake sale this week to raise money for traveling expenses to get his mother to watch her son in London.    So I made the muffins for that.  While I was finding a pin for the muffins, I stumbled upon a casserole that I couldn't pass up.  Since I had most of the ingredients on hand, I decided I couldn't let my readers down on this one.  I totally made it in the name of research!

The Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are from Stick A Fork In It.
The Chili Dog Casserole is from Peace, Love and Understanding.

The Ingredients:
Since there are two recipes this week, you will just have to click the recipe links and print off the ingredients yourselves.  They are your basic ingredients for the muffins.  A surprise for the casserole might be that you roll the hotdogs in tortillas.  Other than that the ingredients are not surprising.

The Directions:
Simple yet again.  The muffins were very simple.  Just a few simple steps.  The Chili Dog Casserole was even easier.  Very quick meal to put together.

The Verdict:
Both were AMAZING! 
These are probably the best muffins I have made.  The consistency was just right.  They had a great rise to them and the time directed to cook was spot on.  This is going to be my go to Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe for sure! 
The Chili Dog Casserole was pretty darn good too!  It definitely hit that craving I was having for apparently, a chili dog!  I know that I will weight a few pounds heavier tomorrow because I plan on eating a little bit more tonight along with my Boone's Farm I have cracked open right now.  I am planning on trying a light version soon.  Think Turkey Chili and FF Hotdogs and Reduced Fat Cheese!  I think it will still be yummy!  However all the fatty goodness was just plain yumminess!  The baby devoured it.  My oldest didn't care for the tortilla and the 3 year old just ate the hotdog out of it.  Pickiness is nothing new around this house!  I don't think my husband cared for the tortilla either.  He went back for seconds but put it on a bun.  LOL!  I think the tortilla part is what makes it yummy, so definitely try it the original way first!  Also, my cheese did get really done and I had to sprinkle a little more on (darn it).  Next time, I will watch that a little closer. 
These are two recipes I would definitely recommend to try off of Pinterest!  However, they will remain on my Diet?  What Diet? board! 

Pictures of the Process:

Ingredients Ready To Go!

Something you NEVER see...me adding salt to my recipes.

Chocolate Chip Madness!


Found this idea on Pinterest too, Cupcake Liner Holder.


I knew right here it was going to be good!

Only 1/2 left.  Yum!

blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.