Thursday, July 12, 2012

Just My o"PIN"ion on S'mores Cookies

S'mores Cookies Fresh Out of the Oven

Nothing says summer like S'mores! Even though I turn my nose at them (am I the only one) they seem to be a favorite among children and adults alike.

I asked my Facebook readers to suggest a delicious, fattening recipe that would totally kill my diet. It's all in the name of research, so my diet must be sacrificed! Wonderful recipes were suggested but this is the only one that had chocolate. I am a chocolate addict! I will get to those other suggestions soon, but this lady had to have chocolate! So I chose to make this pin for S'mores Cookies from The Girl Who Ate Everything!


The Ingredients:
11 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ½ cups flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares
**Do you know that I was totally out of chocolate chips!  I don't want to mention that I had just bought two bags just a few weeks before.  Anyway, my small town grocery store was already closed so I called a few people.  I had to call 4 people to find any.  What is up with these people in this town???**

The Directions:
Follow Instructions as the recipe states.  I didn't have parchment paper and I wasn't about to call more people, so I just sprayed the pan with cooking spray and hoped it would work!  It did!

The Verdict:
Before we get to the taste, let me mention a couple things.  I should have added more dough on the top of each graham cracker.  I did about 1 1/2- 2 tablespoons, but I should have done more.  It didn't spread over the entire crust of crackers.  I also read previous reviews and said 375 was too high, so I did 360 and it took me about 15-20 minutes instead of the 10 at 375.  I just kept checking them every few minutes.  It may take longer if you add more dough too.  I also had dough leftover so I could have made another sheet, next time I think I'll just add it all and have a thicker cookie layer.

As far as the taste goes.  These were just ok.  I think part of it was the cinnamon flavor.  I didn't like it.  I would leave this out entirely.  Cinnamon really has nothing to do with S'mores so I don't understand it anyway!  I ate one for research, okay two, but I had to be sure the other side didn't taste better!  I cut the rest and sent them to work with my husband.  I asked him what he thought when he called me at break and he said they were pretty good.  Now, I don't like S'mores, so maybe that's the deciding factor.  If you love S'mores you might love these "s'more" than I do (did you get it?).  Not sure if there will be a next time for this recipe.  However, my boys love S'mores and I didn't keep any for them to try, so another batch might be just for them.  However, I will eat just one.  All in the name of research!

A Picture:
Right before they go in the oven.  I should have smashed them more!






blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.