Wednesday, December 30, 2009

$200 Grocery Challenge



Happy New Year Savvy Shoppers! It is the time of year again where we take a look at our lives and decide what needs to change, what has to change and dream about being a size 6 by the end of the year (well, at least that's what I dream about!)


For my family, we are taking a hard look at our family budget and trying to cut extra unneeded expenses. We are currently renting a home and would like to have ALL our credit card debt paid off so we can start saving money to put down on a house next year. Not only are we going to do all this, but I am going to write about it in the next year as well and let you know how our financial goals are coming along. Even though I am a savvy shopper, cut coupons, teach coupon classes and try to stick to a budget when we go grocery shopping, the honest truth is that I definitely don't stick to it like I should and we definitely spend WAY TOO MUCH on groceries a month!


So, that is why I am starting the $200 Grocery Challenge. I will only have $200 dollars for the whole month to buy our food needs. If we can buy diapers, contact stuff, health items with that too, great, but I am not going to count it towards our budget, at least in the beginning. This is strictly grocery/food items. My family is also starting a healthier lifestyle this year and we plan on buying lots of fruits and vegetables, which can make the grocery bill more expensive, but I KNOW I can do it! We are also looking into organic/grass-fed beef and farm raised chicken eggs. This is still being researched and figured out and I will write more about that another day and in another post!


I will take pictures of my shopping trips and break the cost down to you as well as the coupons I used so that you can score the same deals when you go shopping! I am looking forward to staying accountable and prove that saving money doesn't mean you can't live a full and healthy life!


Look for my first shopping trip soon! Please comment with your own financial goals this year, your own shopping budgets and any "deals and steals" you find along the way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.