Friday, August 19, 2011

Frugal Friday Tip- Don't Throw Those Nectarines Away!




I type the words, Don't Throw Away, out of shame. You see, I just threw 3 rotten nectarines away, wasting about $2.00. I could have done quite a bit with that $2.00. I could have rented 2 movies. I could have went and bought my kids ice cream after their first day of school, or even paid for a shirt on clearance at Target. But instead, I threw it away! *Smacking myself on the forehead*

So, out of frustration, I give you this Friday's Frugal Tip- Don't Throw Anything Away!


Here are some ideas of what you can do with that one potato you have leftover or those 3 nectarines that aren't quite ready to throw away! *Smacking myself on the forehead once again*



*Have a few vegetables leftover from dinner? Take them and put them in a gallon size freezer bag. Keep adding those leftover vegetables until you have enough in your bag to make vegetable soup or to add to your roast!



*Potatoes- Shred them up to make hash browns!



*Fruit- cut up, flash freeze and bag them up. Use for smoothies or in pancakes!



*Bananas gone brown? Just stick them in the freezer. You decide if you want to cut up or just stick the whole thing in...it doesn't matter!



*Bread-use day old bread for croutons!



*Juice from Canned Fruit- freeze in ice cube tray and use for smoothies! (Thanks Annette)



*Pasta Sauce- freeze it and use for that next spaghetti dinner!



*Onions and Peppers- chop them up, freeze them and then just break off how much you need!






Have anything else to add to the list? Comment below!
















blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.