Friday, March 30, 2012

Just My o"PIN"ion on Homemade Foam Soap!


I will admit that I love my foam soap from that big chain that has tons and tons of fabulous smells! I only buy it when they are having their great sale and of course with a coupon, but I am trying to live frugally, so I thought I would give this homemade version a try from GOODEness Gracious.com.

Supplies:
All you need is an old foaming bottle that has been emptied out and any other soap you choose. You could use Dawn, baby soap, or something like the Softsoap I used. I was able to get mine at Dillon's for FREE one week and it's just been sitting around because I have been stocked up on those fancy soaps from that big chain. However, Softsoap or the store brand usually go on sale for $1.00 several times a year! Oh, and you need water!

Directions:
I was using a bottle that was 8.75 ounces. Since the recipe says 1 part soap to 5 parts water, I just took that number and divided it by 6. (If you are a Math teacher and this is wrong, please don't judge me.) I rounded up and needed to put 1.5 ounces of soap in the bottle and then fill it the rest of the way with water. Then I shook it a bit and tried it out!

The Verdict:
It worked great and since I used a yummy smell of Softsoap, it smelled yummy too! I literally paid nothing for the soap and I still have enough Softsoap for about 4 more batches! It would probably average out to maybe $.20 cents a bottle if you got the soap for $1.00! Now that is frugal living!

Here are some pictures of the process:



blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.