Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just My o"PIN"ion on Scratched Disc Cleaner

Okay, so I feel kinda bad now for locking my children up in the dungeon and feeding them Ritz crackers through the bottom crack as there punishment for ruining yet another DVD!  Okay, I'm lying, I feed them cracker crumbs, but still... (Oh Dear Lord, please let everyone know I'm totally kidding!)

But seriously, who doesn't have an endless amount of totally ruined discs that are unusable because of those pesky scratches that totally ruin the whole movie.  Some corporate genius is totally smiling at his idea of making those little, silver circles scratchable so that you have to go buy another disc because otherwise your child will scream nonstop because they can't watch their Nemo for the 500,000 time all while holding their chocolate milk sippy, cup with one hand and their other hand holding their blanket in just the perfect spot or it's all wrong!!!!!!!!  Whew, sorry about that.  It's been a LONG day!  But you know what I am talking about and if you don't, then you probably don't have small children or at least small children like mine.  However, I am about to give that smiling, corporate guy a cut in his paycheck, because I have found a miracle!  It's right up their with Borax, Vinegar and Mascara!  It's Crest Kid's Toothpaste...yep.  Thank you Crest and thank you The Handmade Dress for this fabulous idea to pin!

Supplies:  
You will need a scratched disc.  I say this as if you only have one!  HA!  Just choose the one your kid is being dramatic about at the current minute.  You will also need KID'S CREST toothpaste.  Yes, it has to be Kid's and it has to be Crest!  Also needed are warm water and a soft cloth or towel.

Directions:
After finding the disc, spread a bit of toothpaste all over.  Rub with your fingers until it is almost dried and unspreadable.  (Is that a word?)  This will take about 2 minutes.  Make sure and apply pressure and work in circles so that it buffs those pesky scratches out.  Take the disc and rinse it off with warm water.  Then just dry it off with a cloth and prepare to be amazed!  

The Verdict:
Amazing!  I chose a disc that was pretty scratched up.  So bad in fact, it only made it about 5 seconds in and it was froze.  However, after cleaning it, which took about 3 minutes, it just played and played and played when I tried it again.  I let it go for awhile and had absolutely no problems.  I am going to make this a job for my two older children and they should have these puppies knocked out in about 3 hours.  Don't worry, I will take them out of the dungeon AFTER they are done :)  

Here are some pictures of the process:


Before- Very Scratched Up!


Rub that Kid's Crest In Good!

After- Trust me, it was better!
I'm watching the movie!


blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.