Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dirty Dozen- Consider Organic!



I have started trying to make my home a little greener and healthier for all of us. I have been reading more and more about chemicals in the home and in our food. I don't usually buy organic produce unless I can get a good deal on it, but I am going to start looking for organic items that fit into the "dirty dozen." These are fruits and vegetables that are most contaminated and suggested you buy organic.

12 Most Contaminated
■Peaches
■Apples
■Sweet Bell Peppers
■Celery
■Nectarines
■Strawberries
■Cherries
■Pears
■Grapes (Imported)
■Spinach
■Lettuce
■Potatoes


Also: Here are the items that are the least contaminated. I wouldn't buy organic for these items unless they are cheaper than the regular produce. I would still however, wash them well.

12 Least Contaminated
■Onions
■Avocado
■Sweet Corn (Frozen)
■Pineapples
■Mango
■Asparagus
■Sweet Peas (Frozen)
■Kiwi Fruit
■Bananas
■Cabbage
■Broccoli
■Papaya


Here is a downloadable wallet guide for easy reference!


I hope this information helps answer the question, "What Organic Items Should I Buy?"



*Information gathered with help from Organic.org.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.