Friday, January 8, 2010

January $200 Grocery Challenge-Dillons Shopping Trip

I went and completed my first shopping trip, calculator in hand, for my $200 Grocery Challenge that is underway. I had to run to the store the other day to grab some fruit (apples and bananas) a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk and a package of bagels. That cost me $12.27. I guess I didn't take a picture of it:(
I then went to Dillons last night to do my shopping trip for our Weekly Meal Plan next week, grab some bargains and a few extras for snacks, etc.
The above picture cost me $45.41. I was able to get all of the potato packages for FREE, all the cereal for FREE, and the fajita seasoning for FREE! Other highlights were the salad for $.79 and the sausage for $1.00. They also had a great deal on the Campbells soups with in-store sales and coupons that were in the paper last Sunday, so I stocked up! I did have to put a few things back and go over a little on the budget I was keeping in my head to get my Diet Dr. Pepper, but I figured my sanity was well worth the extra $4.00 this week!

So, the total for the week's shopping trips cost me : $57.68 I saved 56% at Dillons!!
I have $142.32 left for the month! I feel pretty good so far about our attempts at sticking to a budget and still being able to eat healthy meals and not eating Peanut Butter and Jelly all week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.