Monday, January 18, 2010

January $200 Grocery Challenge-Not Much $$ Left!

Well, I have been busy scoring some great deals and filling up our pantry and freezer, as they were VERY bare!!! I have almost spent my whole budget, but I think I can make it stretch and if I have to, go over just a bit for milk. Here is a picture from my Wal-Mart and Dillons trip I made this weekend.
For all of this I only spent $70.69 and got many items for under $.50! PLUS I was able to get Meat at this price too!

Here are some of the highlights!!

Tuna-FREE!

Pillsbury Crescent Rolls-FREE!

Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls-FREE!

Pillsbury Biscuits-under $.50 each.

Nabisco Crackers and Cookies-6 @$.25 each, 2 @ $.50 each.

General Mills Cereal-4 @ $.87 each

Dole Mandarin Oranges-Managers Special for the Big Cans just $.89 each!

Pillsbury Brownies-FREE!

Pillsbury Frosting-$.29

Steaks-$.68 for package

Yoplait Smoothie Package-FREE!

Quaker Old Fashioned Oats-$.50 each

Chicken-Clearanced to $2.83

Bar S Smoked Sausage and Bar S Bacon-clearanced to $3.78 for both, but I had a coupon for $1.00 off, so I got both for just $2.78!!!! The Smoked Sausage will probably cook two meals too! Watch for those meat clearance deals!!!

Cool Whip-$.50 each with Manager's Special!



Here is a picture of the items I got for less than $.50!!



I also went to Aldi's on Friday, but I forgot to take a picture because I had a little boy with strep throat and he was crabby and so I just got it put away quickly. I spent $31.26 there and then I made a trip to Dillons that day too to get stuff for guacamole I was craving and I spent $6.00 on that. I also went and got milk twice for a total of $10.12. So my total for this week is $118.07!!! I must say that is a lot for a week, but we are meal planned through the 25th and then only have one more week to go in our monthly challenge and there is still more in our pantry and freezer.

Total Spent To Date: $175.75...getting a little too close! That means I only have $24.25 left. I know I will be buying Milk for sure at least twice before January is over. We will probably be sticking to the pantry for the rest of the month! I am trying to remind myself that this is the first month for my challenge and I will learn more along the way and hopefully become better at it. I haven't paid for household or toiletry items with this budget either, which I would like to be able to do eventually.

Here is a BIG tip to keep on track with your grocery budget-LEAVE THE HUSBAND AT HOME! When my husband went to grab a gallon of milk for me, he came back with two packages of cookies...Next time, I will give him only a couple dollar bills instead of a $10~lesson learned!

1 comment:

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.