Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Boiling Eggs 101- Help Please!!



Okay, so I always have to call my mom whenever I boil eggs. It's like I forget every year how to do it. I think she has given me a different method every single time too! LOL!
I had to boil eggs yesterday for our dinner and so I called Dear Old Mom and this is what she told me to do-Put them in a pot and cover them with cold water. Then once it reaches boiling, let it boil for 3 minutes. Then turn off the heat, place lid on top and set timer for 8 minutes. Cover with cold water and rinse. Repeat if necessary to get cool.

Okay, so that's what I did...and the shells were horrible to peel off. Now, these were farm fresh brown eggs, so does that make a difference? The farmer said they are different and harder to peel, so I guess it's not just me!

With Easter fast approaching, I thought I would ask my readers for help!
So...my question is...How do you boil your eggs? Who has a fool-proof method that leaves your eggs dent free and gorgeous?!?!


blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.