Monday, March 8, 2010

March $200 Grocery Challenge


Last night I ran to Dillons to try to grab some great deals going on with the Cart Buster Deal Event! Now, I am trying something new. I am going to try to only grocery shop every two weeks. I have to drive about 30 minutes to get into town and my car is a hug gas guzzler, so I need to save some money and I am getting tired of the drive! So, I sat down, planned two weeks worth of meals, made my list, matched up my coupons and headed out. I knew I had around $100 to work with, so I started my shopping trip with getting the essential items (those were the ones I had to have to make my meals. I had my calculator in hand so I added it all up and figured out how much I had after that to spend on "stockpiling" and sale items. I also found some great meat deals and took advantage of those. I also stayed UNDER budget! Here is the picture and break down of the highlights!



Before Coupons-$190.35
After Coupons- $97.01
Percent Saved-49%


Highlights:

Veggie Steamers: $0.28 after coupons. (Find coupon links in Monday Meal Plan Post) One package FREE after downloaded coupon.

Betty Crocker Potato Pouches- FREE after coupons. (Find coupon links in Monday Meal Plan Post)

Mission Tortillas-$1.00 after coupons

Teddy Grahams- $0.50 after coupons

Old El Paso-$1.00 and two items FREE with Peelies

Betty Crocker Desserts- $0.29 after Coupons and Downloaded Coupons

Raisin Bran-$0.99

Lucky Charms- Family Size-$2.49 (over my normal $1.50 limit, but it was a huge box and my son would be in heaven!)

Chips Ahoy- FREE with coupon

Turkey-2/$5

Hamburger- On sale for $4.98 for 3 pounds, that just $1.66 a pound!

Cake Mix-Free with Coupon

Peanut Butter-$1.49 for Huge Jar with coupon.

Flour-I swear the sign said $1.77, so with my coupon it should have been $0.77 cents, but it rang up at $1.99, so it was $0.99 cents. Can anybody let me know how much it is if they go shopping again in my area!

Pillsbury-$0.75-$0.95 after coupons.


Total Spent So Far In March: $139.58
Money Left: $60.42


Comment and let us know how much you saved with your shopping trips this week!



blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.