Monday, March 1, 2010

March $200 Grocery Challenge


A new month means a new $200 Challenge!

If you are local to Wichita, KS, you are IN FOR A TREAT! I just found out last week from my friend Jaime, that Homeland in Haysville DOUBLES $1.00 COUPONS! I can't tell you how excited I was to hear this. So after calling them twice to double check their coupon policy, here it is:

*Will double up to $1.00-meaning $1.00 becomes $2.00!
*They take Internet Coupons!!!
*Will not double coupons if it says No Doubling on the coupon. (A Little Bummer)
*5 Like Coupons per transaction-which means I can use 5 Honey Nut Cheerio Coupons but if I buy a 6th box I can't use a 6th coupon. They said per customer, per day...so I think it would depend on the cashier and manager if they would let you do more than one transaction.


**You must sign up for their Homeland Card to get this policy to work! I just went to Customer Service and it took 1 minute!


Here are my observations:

*Check the sales ad on-line here to see what deals you can get with coupons beforehand. I did spend about 2 hours there but I wasn't familiar with the store and the products they had, so I was doing lots of "extra" shopping!
*Some prices are much higher! Their Pillsbury items are outrageous! However, lots of things were similar or cheaper!
*To get the best deals, focus on the $1.00 coupons, anything else would probably be cheaper elsewhere.

So, here's a picture of my shopping trip. Before Store Sales and Coupons the total was $127.04

After Sales and Coupons my Total was :$42.57
Total Savings: $84.47
% Saved: 66%


Highlights
-3 cases of Coke Products- 3/$5!!! It was originally priced at 3/$11, but I had $1.00 off coupons from RecycleBank, so those doubled to $2.00 each product, so that took $6 off total, making it just $1.66 a 12-Pack!!!!!!!
-3 FREE Wonka Candy!

-(2) Cheetos-$1.00 a bag!

-(3)Ritz Cracker Packags-$0.39 each!

-(2) Cheez Nips- FREE!

-(2) Bagel Bites-$0.59 each!

-Wholly Guacamole-$0.99!!! They have the lowest regular price I've seen on this product!

-(2) PB&J Sandwiches-$0.89 each!

-(6) Rice A Roni-$0.33 each!

-Quaker Oatmeal-$0.99!

-(2) Goldfish-$1.00 each!

-(2) Chocolate Chips-$1.29 each!

-(2) Breakfast Bowls-$1.87 each!

-(2)Chocolate Cheerios-$0.50 each!

-(2) Honey Nut Cheerios-$0.50 each!

-(3) Greek Yogurt-$0.72 each! *I have been wanting to try these or I wouldn't have bought them.

-Rhodes Rolls-$2.59!

-(2) Lindsay Olives-$0.49 each!

-Kool-Aid Fizzer-$0.49!

-(2) 12 Package Pop-Tarts-$1.99 each!

-(2) Lunchables-$0.29 each!

-Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll-$0.08!

-Fish Sticks-$2.99!

**The only thing I didn't have a coupon for was the Sargento Ricotta Cheese ($3.39) but I went ahead and got it because I knew I would have some overage if they didn't price adjust my coupons for some of the FREE coupons!

I will probably try to hit Homeland Once A Month to stock up on snack items and sale items!

Money Left For The Month: $115.53!!!





blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

Information and data provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. The comments are merely opinions, and should not be constructed as medical, legal, financial or other professional advice. I make no representation to the accuracy or validity of any information on this site and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, deletes in information, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. My blog has includes links to pictures/other sites/blogs operated by third parties. If you find information that is from your website and you would like it removed, please contact me.

Material on this side is intended for an adult audience. To participate in giveaways or contests, you must be at least 18 years of age or older.